A Writer's Life

A madman's quest to become a recognized author

Friday, August 25, 2006

A Love Story

I see her everyday on my way to school. She is always one step ahead of me; she is always out of reach. I leave home earlier and earlier each day, trying my hardest to catch up with her as she leaves her house and walks to the subway station. Each morning I am always too late. I am always in time to see her close the door to the house that lies to the far end of the street. She clutches her books closely to her chest and she turns around and walks to her destination. Each day it is the same - she never deviates, she never looks back.

Who is this mysterious girl that has moved into my neighborhood? I see her on her way to school each day but I never see her come home. I never see her in the street with the other teenage girls as they gather daily to share gossip and chat about whatever teenage girls chat about. No, she is different. She can’t be bothered by such trivial matters. She is too mature. She is too sophisticated to spend her evenings that way. I’m sure of it. She is different - I can feel it.
I plan for her the next morning. Today we will finally meet. Today I will not take no for an answer...

Get the complete story HERE

3 Comments:

At August 27, 2006 3:11 pm, Blogger Ragnar said...

God i hate lovestories....
Sorry man,
I usually like madmen, But usually madmen does not write romantic novels/short-stories either.
If he gets turned down and kills them both will you tell me?
Because if not I wont read it..

 
At August 27, 2006 11:31 pm, Blogger Phoenix said...

Yeah. I don't usually write romance either so I thought I'd just give it a try. But it is worth the read whether you like romance or not. The title is purposefully deceptive.

 
At August 28, 2006 9:10 am, Blogger Ragnar said...

Aww..
Ok man..
Cause of your name I thought you were like a fantasy writer or something..
Just accepted your challenge man..
Get ready to loose :D
"For those who's left behind,
See the world as kind,
For those who left you will,
Live beyond here still,
Their thoughts will still be born,
And useful things be bred,
Even though, if not in flesh,
Ideas can still be spread"
Quote from my blog haha :P
I like that 1..

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.