A Writer's Life

A madman's quest to become a recognized author

Monday, August 28, 2006

Longing to be a writer

Yesterday I was thinking to myself about how much my life isn't what I thought it would be. I guess I'm singing the same tune that many others sing but I really made a decision to do something about it. I really want to be a published writer. At the moment there is nothing more important to me. I already started looking at self publishing and I think that this is the way I'll eventually go as long as I can bring enough attention to my work.

At the moment I have no idea if I'll have any success but just thinking about spending another year or two doing a job I hate in a place I hate gives me a hollow feeling. Much less having to settle down and accept defeat like most people do. I just don't think I can be like everybody else. I've never been my entire life and I don't intend to start now.

6 Comments:

At August 28, 2006 4:09 pm, Anonymous Marti said...

Have you considered self publishing? I used Lulu and I'm really happy with it. They don't make you buy hundreds of books, and it is very good quality. Write me if you'd like more information. (contact and book info is at my blog)

 
At August 28, 2006 9:30 pm, Blogger csperez said...

just discovered your blog! want to link up? my blog is

blindelephant.blogspot.com

stop by and say hello!!!

 
At August 29, 2006 4:36 am, Blogger pupski said...

good luck self publishing. Like you are feel like I don't fit the standard box. I have decided to go back to art school and do a degree in creative writing - against all advice! Sometimes you just have to take a risk and chase your dream!

http://pupart.blogspot.com

 
At June 02, 2008 11:38 am, Blogger Trekin4JC said...

I think God gives us the desires of our heart as we seek Him first. I too want to be a published writer. I have had a passion for writing since high school and God has renewed that passion in recent years. I just started a blogspot and I have been working on a book for about a year and I am just starting to learn about the publishing world. Keep at it. Follow your dream.

 
At June 10, 2008 11:07 am, Anonymous Marie said...

I was just like YOU! I almost gave up until I found an inspirational book entitled TRAIL THOUGHTS. It is an inspirational, daily devotional that is written so well it is hard to put down. My writing has been successfull ever since I started reading that book! It is amazing. This will be the 'gift you give yourself'!

 
At September 26, 2009 9:10 am, Blogger Teryn M. Anderson said...

Another great book I would suggest is Put Your Dream To The Test, by John C, Maxwell. It is an incredible book that helps you stay on track to achieve your goal. Sometimes you have to give up things in order to really follow your dream and do what you want to do. I am reading this book because it gives a step by step guide on how to plan out your dream process.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.