A Writer's Life

A madman's quest to become a recognized author

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to my spanking new blog - A Writer's Life.
In it I will chronicle the events of my life and my feelings as I go through the process of writing my book and hopefully eventually having it published.

Throughout my school life my friends have always told me that I was a good writer and i have written many short stories and have even posted some of them on the web. In general the feedback has been very good but this is the first time that I will attempt to do anything of this magnitude. The longest work I've ever done was about 10,000 words so this will be a real step up for me. The trick I think is knowing when to expand and when to constrict on ideas in order to make the reader see and feel what you want them to see and feel. And also to keep it fresh.

I've spent the last few months hammering out and tweaking a story and characters that I think will make for a very compelling novel. The story I think is a very unique one which was for me one of the most important things before I decided to write it into a novel. The novel will be in the realm of science fiction which I think is the most appropriate genre for me due to my writing style. Horror may be something I'm also good at. But the one I chose was eventually sci fi. I'll have more about the story and my progress at a later date so stay tuned for more. Until then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.